What Does Pick and Place Mean For Robots?
Modern manufacturing environments require the most up to date robotics solutions. Subsequently, pick and place robot solutions are very much utilised in the logistics arena in the UK and further afield. This type of automation to speed up the level of throughput. Thus, installing a pick and place process, your workforce can concentrate on complex tasks, as robots complete simpler tasks.
How much is a pick and place robot?
It is extremely rare that any robotics system will ever be the same as another. In other words, every system requires different aspects. Whether it’s throughput level, weight and size of items, distance of movement or size of your workplace – each solution will be unique, similarly to the system it is incorporated with. Therefore, it is difficult to give a standard price for a pick and place robot, as it is completely dependent on what functions your require from your installation.
How does a pick and place robot work?
Pick and place robots are installed to a fixed section of your system. They utilize advanced vision systems in order to move and handle objects within your systems sequence. Pick and place robots are positioned in various locations to perform tasks, for example: assembly, packaging or bin picking.
What are the advantages of pick and place robots?
- Improved Accuracy – installation of pick and place robots as part of your system allows your workforce to work on more complex tasks, leaving the more tedious and repetitive tasks to the robot. A robot completing these tasks will ensure improved accuracy by eliminating human errors.
- Increased Process Speed – upon installation, the level of throughput will increase. Again, by eliminating your human workforce from this section of your system, will increase the process speed because your robot will never need to pause.
- Flexibility to Accommodate Multiple Product Changes – robots are usually adaptable to changes in size of items. Regardless of the weight and size (to an extent) of an item, the robot can complete its task.
- Improved Consistency – reduced errors will occur due to the lack of human involvement on this stage of a system. The robot will function at the rate you programme it, allowing for a consistent level of of throughput.
- Ergonomic Injury Reduction – replacing humans with robots in this section of a system will reduce the risk of injury in the workplace. Then, your workers can concentrate on tasks with more complexity and less risk.
- Cost Efficiency – although the short-term cost may be higher, an installation of a pick and place robot is a long-term investment to improve overall cost-efficiency.
- Minimal Floor Space Requirements – you will not require much floor space, due to the manoeuvrability of these robots.
- Completely Customizable – as mentioned previously, each system and robot is bespoke. Therefore, you are able to customize your pick and place robot based on the needs of your system.
Want to find out more?
Find out more about robotic pick and place with LAC Conveyors and Automation. To keep up to date with the latest LAC news, follow us on LinkedIn. If you want to discuss robotics with a specialist at LAC, do not hesitate to contact us.