How can AMR benefit your warehouse?
When considering options for an automated warehouse solution, AMR should be an option to consider. AMR (Autonomous Manoeuvrable Robots) can be used on a variety of scales in a wide range of industries. Likewise, this adaptable solution offers a technologically advanced option, putting it ahead of many other automated warehouse solutions. Typically, a warehouse operative will walk over 10 miles per shift without any automation at their disposal. On the other hand, the installation of AMR removes the need walking as far. Your employees will be able to concentrate more on efficiency.
What is AMR?
Firstly, as mentioned above, AMR stands for Autonomous Manoeuvrable Robots. Therefore, it is simply a solution for warehouses and other workplaces. Thus, this solution uses a fleet of robots to transport goods from different positions on your site.
Installing AMR in your warehouse will allow for:
- Designed systems to interface easily with a range of management systems including: Warehouse Management System (WMS), Order Management System (OMS), Transportation Management System (TMS) and Yard Management Software (YMS).
- 24-hour remote monitoring.
- Easily configured systems.
- Automatic charging zones.
- Robotic payloads from 250kg to 1500kg.
The benefits of installing AMR
There are many benefits to installing AMR into your warehouse. Here are a few reasons for installing the specialised automate warehouse solution into your workplace:
- Move the pallets, shelving, or stock without human involvement.
- Loading and unloading of trucks is more efficient and therefore quicker.
- Sequencing movements to ensure maximum efficiency.
Reducing Labour Costs
- Robots can work a 24-hour shift, ensuring no breaks are needed.
- Fewer staff needed for picking products.
- Fewer forklift or machinery operators are needed.
Scalable & Customizable
- Allows for automation of more of your warehousing system.
- Increase speed thus speeding up throughput levels.
- capacity to scale up and down dependent upon demand.
LAC automation solutions
At LAC, we offer a wide range of automated solutions. Whether it’s AMR, Conveyors or Robot Palletising, LAC can provide your warehouse with a high-level solution.
Want to find out more?
Firstly, to find out more about AMR, click here. Likewise, make sure to follow us on LinkedIn here, for all of the latest updates on all things LAC Conveyors & Automation. If you want to get in touch with the LAC Team to find out more about AMR’s, or any of our other solutions, then click here.