When considering options for an automated warehouse solution, AMR should be an option to consider. AMR (Autonomous Manoeuvrable Robots) can be used on a variety of scales in a wide range of industries. Likewise, this adaptable solution offers a technologically advanced option, putting it ahead of many other automated warehouse solutions. Typically, a warehouse operative will walk over 10 miles per shift without any automation at their disposal. On the other hand, the installation of AMR removes the need walking as far. Your employees will be able to concentrate more on efficiency.
What is AMR?
Firstly, as mentioned above, AMR stands for Autonomous Manoeuvrable Robots. Therefore, it is simply a solution for warehouses and other workplaces. Thus, this solution uses a fleet of robots to transport goods from different positions on your site.
Installing AMR in your warehouse will allow for:
- Designed systems to interface easily with a range of management systems including: Warehouse Management System (WMS), Order Management System (OMS), Transportation Management System (TMS) and Yard Management Software (YMS).
- 24-hour remote monitoring.
- Easily configured systems.
- Automatic charging zones.
- Robotic payloads from 250kg to 1500kg.
The benefits of installing AMR
There are many benefits to installing AMR into your warehouse. Here are a few reasons for installing the specialised automate warehouse solution into your workplace:
- Move the pallets, shelving, or stock without human involvement.
- Loading and unloading of trucks is more efficient and therefore quicker.
- Sequencing movements to ensure maximum efficiency.
Reducing Labour Costs
- Robots can work a 24-hour shift, ensuring no breaks are needed.
- Fewer staff needed for picking products.
- Fewer forklift or machinery operators are needed.
Scalable & Customizable
- Allows for automation of more of your warehousing system.
- Increase speed thus speeding up throughput levels.
- capacity to scale up and down dependent upon demand.
L-A-C automation solutions
At L-A-C, we offer a wide range of automated solutions. Whether it’s AMR, Conveyors or Robot Palletising, L-A-C can provide your warehouse with a high-level solution.
Want to find out more?
Firstly, you can read on and find out more about AMR solutions at L-A-C. Likewise, make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, for all of the latest updates on all things L-A-C Conveyors & Automation. Finally, If you want to get in touch with the L-A-C Team to find out more about AMR’s, or any of our other solutions, visit our contact page.