Skypod System by Exotec
The Exotec Skypod System solution is unique in the automation market, in that it offers a short lead time from order to installation and equally fast implementation and integration with the hosts ERP system. LAC are proud to have signed an exclusive UK agreement with Exotec France further enhancing our business capabilities.
The Skypod is a light robot, having a payload of 30kg. It can move in 3D and access high-level bins allowing the operator to remain stationary and work from one pick/load position, while the robot carries out the requested tasks. The robot locates itself in a map of the warehouse utilising laser scanner technology.
This innovative solution offers scalability allowing for instance, a nascent .com business to start with an initial installation to meet its start-up needs at a reasonable initial investment and then expand the solution as the business grows.
Skypod is also unique in its use of Robots to not only move totes around at floor level but also to travel up the rack to store or retrieve, hence negating the need for complex conveyor systems. Data is received from the WMS outlining a list of preparation requests with a given priority. Its responsibility is to get them out of the system into preparation containers, as fast as possible, with respect of priority constraints.
- Racking adaptable to our customers warehouse architecture with sizing consideration on both floor space and ceiling height
- Fast installation due to the absence of racking mechanisation
- Scalable storage system designed to adapt quickly and easily to suit your business growth
- Standardised bin designs available in 2 heights 220mm and 320mm and can be partitioned in 2, 3, 4, 6 and 8
- Robots function in fleets and are constantly assigned tasks, programmed to prioritise the most urgent task
- Fast robot charging
- Standardised manual and robotic workstations
- Ergonomic workstation designs reducing strain and fatigue