The UK logistics and warehouse industries are more crowded than ever. For customers, it can be difficult to decide upon the best suited system to meet their warehouse needs. Conveyor systems offer a range of benefits for a variety of required parcel handling, sortation, storage, and palletising solutions. At LAC Conveyors & Automation, we provide customers with the right solution to meet your needs, to ensure a productive system is designed and installed.
How have conveyor solutions evolved?
The conveyor belt concept was first invented and manufactured by Thomas Robbins, in the late 19th Century. Since then, they have evolved massively, and are utilised in a variety of industries. From simple supermarket checkout belts to complex and large-scale sortation systems, these solutions are used diversely throughout several situations.
The benefits of conveyor systems
Regardless of the industry, size or complexity of a conveyor system, there are always a range of benefits to an installation. See some of those benefits below:
- Automation of human operations – ensuring that your workforce can concentrate its efforts on more complex tasks, rather than transporting goods from A to B.
- Higher levels of control – installation of automation will remove the human error of transporting goods, ensuring a higher level of control in your warehouse.
- Elimination of risks and hazards – although automation can bring a slight risk to your workforce, they ensure staff aren’t moving goods and materials in other ways. Whereas before they may transport by hand or forklift, conveyors remove this risk, fully automating the transportation.
- Cost reductions – although the initial cost of installing a new system may be high, a conveyor installation could lead to staff reductions, employee training, rectifying mistakes and improving productivity, thus meaning reduced costs.
- System adaptability – different solutions at LAC can adapt to different sizes and weights of parcels or totes, as well as being used in a number of industries.
The different types of systems
The type of conveyor that LAC Conveyors & Automation would recommend, will depends on the needs of your system. Some different types of conveyors can be seen below:
- Plastic belt
- Gravity skate wheel
- Lineshaft roller
- Screw or auger
- Wire mesh
- Chain-driven live roller
- Belt-driven live roller
- Electric track vehicle systems
- Motorised-drive roller
- Overhead I-beam
Related solutions case studies
What does a new solution cost?
Installing a new system is a long-term cost-effective warehouse solution. However, it is difficult to provide a cost range for conveyor systems in general. In order to gage the correct price range, system needs and requirements of your desired system are needed. Following this, the LAC Conveyors & Automation team would be able to price-up your system.
Conveyor systems at LAC Conveyors & Automation
The LAC team boasts a wealth of experience in providing productive solutions. Responsible for around 50% of our business, our conveyor systems are at the core of our success. Whether it’s sortation, parcel handling, pallet handling or hygienic systems, our adaptability allows us to provide the highest quality solution.