Choosing the Right Palletising Robot
There are many great reasons for picking robotics over alternatives for palletising. To start with there are some fundamentals that are important to understand to help you choose the right robot for your requirements.
People‘s approach to this has evolved in the last few years. Typically, palletising is often thought of as massive robots lifting large heavy boxes which are piled high on pallets. The reality of this is that robot palletising can be done on any scale.
In this fast-paced environment supply chains are facing growing logistics challenges. The need to transform their systems to handle both pallets and a multitude of packages, at such a high pace, means that integrators and robot suppliers are starting to think “outside the box.”
You can use almost any robot arm for palletising. If the robot can pick up the desired object and place it down elsewhere, it will more than likely handle palletising. This can be enhanced, even more by utilising a clever design end effector, and vision systems all linked using intelligent software.
L-A-C robotic palletising solutions offer a flexible, high-performance approach that can tackle sophisticated operations, remove bottlenecks and flex to accommodate industry market growth, product changes and other challenges.
The choice of robot inevitably will depend on the nature of your required palletising task, the objects you are moving and what level of performance you require. Our Solutions team are equipped with the tools and knowledge to help choose the right robotic palletising solution to best fit your requirements.
Commonly used robots include;
- Palletising Robots – The ideal choice for palletising (it‘s in the name). These are big robots with large payload capacities and long reach. They offer a fast-palletising approach and are perfect for multiple end–of–line palletising applications. The latest compact design robots make them ideal to fit into existing processes/lines.
- Articulated Robots – 6-axis robots are ideal for their flexibility and can be used across varying industry sectors for many different applications. including palletising. The 6-axis portfolio offers a vast array of payloads and sizes making it ideal for complex movements with heavy objects.
- Collaborative Robots – Made for a wide range of tasks. They are easy to set up, program, operate and scale. Again, this option can offer flexibility in its modular design and can be deployed quickly.
- Gantry Robots – An inexpensive approach to robot palletising. Suitable for light to heavy loads providing a scalable option of 3-axis in almost any length.
- SCARA Robots – Ideal for applications requiring rapid cycle times, high precision, and high reliability. Commonly used for materials handling, loading & unloading along with picking & placing. With all this said there are some specialised SCARA robots designed for heavy–duty palletising tasks.
- Delta Robots – These high-speed robots are ideal for picking and packing. They offer great flexibility in a compact footprint. These can be used for detailed palletising tasks; all be it rare.
Robotic palletising is now simpler, faster, and more efficient. Get in touch with us today to discuss your robot pelletising requirements!