Why the gravity roller conveyor?
Logovisual, who is a well-renowned manufacturer and supplier of visual thinking and planning systems, turned to L.A.C. to help them integrate new materials handling roller conveyor systems into one of their existing manufacturing processes. The goal was to supply, deliver, install, and commission a gravity roller conveyor system with lift-up transfers and gravity rollers for handling wood products in a glueing manufacturing process.
What are the benefits of Gravity Roller Conveyors?
- Provide an effective method of reducing manual handling issues
- A cost-effective way of moving items
- Easy to install, reliable with nominal maintenance requirements
- Being modular in design, they have a great degree of flexibility and offer an infinite number of solutions for material handling issues
- Gravity roller conveyors can also be incorporated into powered systems including powered belt conveyors and powered roller conveyors as a system requires
- Straight runs of gravity roller conveyors can be linked with curved roller sections, spurs and many other solutions
What was needed in the gravity roller conveyor solution?
- Three gravity roller conveyors
- Two lift-up transfer conveyors incorporating gravity rollers
The conveyor system is made up of three gravity roller conveyors with two lift-up transfers that also have gravity rollers incorporated into them. The lift-up transfers give the machine operators the ability to manipulate the wooden boards that can weigh up to 60kg and measure up to 1525 x 3000mm in size. The operator uses a footswitch to raise and lower the transfers freeing up their hands to manipulate the product as required. All beds with transfers are fed from one control panel which will have a global safety system to stop all movement on the two beds if an e/stop is pressed.
Due to the high-grade finish of the end product, the wooden boards require delicate handling, so the conveyor rollers are coated with non-marking vulcanized rubber lagging. Through this Gravity Roller Conveyor, Logovisual were able to integrate new materials to their existing manufacturing process allowing for a reduction in time and smoother manufacturing process for their products.
If you would like to see how L.A.C. Conveyors & Automation could help you with a roller conveyor solution, contact a member of the team today.