Conveyors are used in almost every industry where materials need to be moved, including bottling plants, recycling centres, food, ecommerce/logistics and automotive. They can be used in every industry which has a process requiring the movement of items/materials at regular intervals in a cyclical fashion.
Conveyors Automate Human Operations
The primary advantage of conveyors is that they automate a lot of human operations that are associated with the manufacturing and transportation of materials. This includes operations like feeding, moving, loading and unloading of materials. If your business has any of these requirements, then a conveyor solution is the right investment to be made.
Types of Conveyors
Benefits of Conveyors
- Continuously load and unload items over a long period of time
- Incline conveyors allows products of all sizes to be moved from one elevation to another, or between multiple levels
- Moveable in both directions, offering a flexible solution for the transportation of product about a production line
- Full control of the speed at which product is moved, massively reducing the chances of breakages and causing loss due to handling issues
- Wide Belt Conveyor Solves Manual Handling Problem (Automotive)
- Delivery Specialist Increases Returns Capacity By 50% At National Distribution Hub (Logistics)
- 50 Million Butter Tubs And Counting With Belt Conveyor System (Food)
- Powered Roller Conveyors Provide Solution For Distribution And Wholesale Leader (Wholesale)
- Even “Uglies” Get Looked After At Hermes With A Carousel Conveyor Belt System (Logistics)
How to Brief For a New Conveyor System
When in need of a new conveyor system, it is key to the success of the project in the creation of a good brief. The more detailed the brief, the greater the chance for the supplier to fulfil your requirements. The key areas of consideration in the creation of your conveyor system are as follows:
- The weight of the product you are moving
- The dimensions of the product
- The size of the available floor space for the system
- CAD drawing or drawing of the floor space
- The height of the building where the system will be installed. This is key to understand as space in this modern world is valuable. There may be an opportunity to build upwards relieving lower space for other operations
- The required cycle time/system throughput
- Is the system fully automated? Are certain areas required to be left for manual interaction/non driven sections
- The material and load capacity of the flooring where the system will be sited
Are you looking for a new Conveyor System?
In fully understanding your brief, LAC are equipped with a wide variety of conveyors to best fit your business needs. With this variety and extensive conveyor knowledge, our aim is to put the right solution together that perfectly fits, helping your business in the journey of hassle-free operations, time and cost saving.